USFL '86: The Season That Never Was

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

'85 Chronology-Bidding Adieu

Event Date: April 23rd, 1985

Event Description: Ah You Retires

Source: UPI

Arizona Outlaws defensive end Junior Ah You announced his retirement Monday from professional football after 13 seasons.

I came here to play for the Outlaws because I though I could help the team,” Ah You said in a statement.

“But I wasn't helping as much as I would have liked, and when you can't help out, you shouldn't be around. I wasn't happy with the way I was playing.”

Ah You, 36, signed with the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League in 1972 after completing his eligibility at Arizona State. He went on to play 10 seasons in the CFL, appearing in 127 games and playing in five Grey Cup championships.

Ah You became a free agent in 1982 and signed with the USFL Chicago Blitz, playing in all 18 games in 1983.

When the club transferred from Chicago to Phoenix during the off-season, Ah You was dealt to the New Orleans Breakers for the signing rights to Grambling's Robert Smith.

Ah You was waived by the Breakers prior to the start of the 1985 season, but signed with the Outlaws soon thereafter.

Story-(UPI)

No comments: