USFL '86: The Season That Never Was

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

'85 Chronology-Arbitration Situation

Event Date: February 11th, 1985

Event Description: Johnson Seeks Arbitration

Source: United Press International

Two-time all-USFL wide receiver Trumaine Johnson wants the league to act as an arbitrator and settle a contract dispute with the Arizona Outlaws.

Johnson walked out on the third day of preseason training camp January 23rd after the Outlaws reportedly failed to give him a $280,000 advance, to be used as a down payment on a 350-acre ranch in Mississippi for himself and his parents.

“I'm standing up for what I believe in,” said Johnson. “I would sit out the whole season. It's getting close to the beginning of the season and they have to decide if they want me to play for them or not. I hope we can get it settled in the next week or two. I feel bad about it.”

Story-(UPI)

No comments: